2021 UPDATE - Quarantine Care Packages are still available
We are a nonprofit social services agency interacting with families through an innovative "case management" approach. Bridges for Life focuses on building personal and professional relationships with families.
This process includes:
1) Meeting any basic and/or urgent needs,
2) Identifying and assessing family strengths and challenges,
3) Addressing any needs we can through direct interventions, and/or
4) Connecting families to community providers to address needs.
Bridges for Life focuses efforts and resources in Five Key Areas:
Within these "Five Key Areas" lies virtually every need a family could possess in their journey to being healthier and stronger.
Bridges for Life utilizes these categories to identify, assess, and prioritize family needs and to then collaborate with community partners to build a path to success.
Indiana is ranked -
- 34th worst in drug deaths
- 40th worst in obesity
- 41st worst in tobacco-users
- 42nd worst in infant mortality
- 49th worst in public health funding
- 38th worst in overall health
Wayne County, Indiana maintains higher than average rates of:
- adult smokers
- physical inactivity
- infant mortality
- drug overdose deaths
- overdose ER visits
- opioid prescriptions
We recognize that our community has real struggles but also great strengths.
Our goals and systems within center on three groups:
1. Increasing Ease of Access to Resources
2. Increasing Awareness and Utilization of Resources
1. Fostering a Community Culture of Support over Stigma
2. Mobilizing Human Resources to help at-risk families
1. Building Dignity, Motivation, and Readiness of at-risk families
2. Identifying Root Issues and using Holistic Approaches in Addressing Needs
We believe as we leverage the strengths and resources our community has, mobilize people and organizations to band together, and invest in families, we can partner together to make landmark changes in our community.